- 5 strips bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups milk (your choice of 1% low fat, 2% reduced fat or whole)
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) smoked Wisconsin gouda, shredded and divided
|Smoked Gouda Corn Chowder Soup Recipe|
- Place strips of bacon in heavy-bottomed stockpot. Set over medium heat. Cook until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel to drain and cool. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Add onion to stockpot and reduce temperature to medium-low. Cook until onions are softened but not browned, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and stir with wooden spoon until vegetables are well coated. Slowly add chicken or vegetable stock while whisking. Mixture will be very thick at first, but will thin out as you add more stock. Stir in milk.
- Read Full instruction at Smoked Gouda wisconsin-cheese