- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour ( a little under 2 cups, I recommend you measure and weigh)
- 1 1/2 ounces sugar (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce butter, cold to room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons hot water ( or as needed)
- In a large measuring jug, combine the milk and boiling water. Add a teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast. Stir it gently, then leave it in a warm place for the yeast to activate (aka foam).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, the rest of the sugar, and the salt. Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs.
- Get full recipe >> CLICK HERE