- 1 (15-ounce) can of vegetarian refried beans, warmed through
- 8 white corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1 batch roasted red pepper cashew cream
- 1 jumbo avocado or 2 regular size avocados, halved, pitted, sliced into wedges and remove the skin.
- kosher salt
- vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- 2 large eggs, beaten or egg substitute
- 1 cup gluten free panko
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- Prepare the avocado and sprinkle generously with salt to season. Place the eggs, gluten free panko, and flour in 3 separate shallow bowls. Working in batches, dredge the avocado slices in flour, shake off any excess then coat with the egg or egg substitute and finally roll in the panko to coat. Place the breaded avocado on a plate and repeat the process until all the avocado is breaded.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2″ and heat until a thermometer reaches 350°F. ( I prefer to use a small sauce pan and only fry a few avocado pieces at a time to avoid using a ton of oil. ) Working in batches, fry the avocado, turning occasionally until crispy and golden brown approximately 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Source Blog>>https://thismessisours.com/recipes/crispy-avocado-tacos-with-roasted-red-pepper-crema/