Delicious, succulent spiced meatballs in a creamy and hearty gravy – the perfect winter warmer! These Keto Swedish meatballs use xanthan gum to make a thick sauce – you can omit but will have a much thinner sauce.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 brown onion very finely diced or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 25 grams butter
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1.5 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper more to taste
- 2 tablespoons worcestshire sauce
- 50 grams butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients excluding butter. Combine with your hands, working the spices and onion through the meat and massaging it well to help melt the fat through the meat. The more you massage, the better they stay together!
- Roll the minced beef into meatballs, making around 20 large or 25 smaller balls. In a large frying pan, melt the 25 grams of butter over medium heat until just starting to foam, then add the meatballs.
- Cook for 5 – 6 minutes, turning gently and basting with the melting butter on all sides. Once browned, set the meatballs aside.
- Add to the frying pan (without cleaning), the remaining 50 grams of butter and melt down, scraping up any meaty scraps on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the beef stock, cream, sour cream, worcestshire sauce, dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and taste for additional seasoning.
- Once it has reached a low simmer, scoop out 3 tablespoons of the gravy into a small bowl and whisk in the xantham gum. Combining with warm and fatty liquids helps it dissolve evenly.
- Return this xantham gum mixture back to the pan, then add the meatballs back in and baste with the gravy. Let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickened to your liking.
- Serve immediately with cauliflower mash.
Source blog >> https://aussieketoqueen.com/keto-swedish-meatballs-2/