Weeknight dinners are always the biggest juggling act in my house. Who will eat what, who has what going on that night, and when is there time to cook! My Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is one of my favorites to pop in the oven in a busy evening to have a filling and hearty dinner for my family.
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 oz Velveeta or American cheese, chopped to small pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook ground chicken in a skillet until completely cooked through. Add soup, sour cream, pepper, garlic powder, 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and velveeta, milk, and broth to skillet. Gently stir till combined. Add cooked pasta and gently stir.
- Mix breadcrumbs with melted butter and set aside.
- Spread pasta mixture in the baking dish. Top with remaining 2/3 cup of cheddar cheese and evenly top with buttered breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.