A delicious Cheesy Enchilada Casserole that your whole family will love!
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large onion, chopped or season with Onion powder or minced onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small can of drained corn, or about 1 1/4 cups of frozen corn (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream *Note: I used 1/2 cup
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, sour cream, corn (optional), taco seasoning and cumin.
- Spoon a generous layer of meat mixture on bottom of 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place a flour or corn tortilla on top of meat mixture. Layer with half of the meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat as many layers as you like.
- The last & final layer should be a healthy dose of grated cheese.
- Cover with foil that has been sprayed with pam or other and bake at 400° for 25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.