“These Delicious Cheesy Keto Crab Rangoons are so Creamy and Flavourful! They’re made with Mozzarella Cheese Slices instead of the traditional wonton wrapper. The cheese works surprisingly well as a low carb substitute. It gets perfectly crispy and holds together well. “
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Tsp Finely Minced Garlic
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Pkg. 8oz Cream Cheese
- 2 120 g Cans Crab
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 12 Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Soften the Cream Cheese. Then in a large bowl mix it with the strained canned crab, the minced garlic, the garlic and onion powder and the salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spread out the mozzarella slices onto 2 parchment paper (Not Wax Paper) lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cheese slices, until fully melted, approx. 4-5 mins. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before adding a few spoonfuls (approx. 3 Tbsp) of the cream cheese and crab mixture to half of each of the cheese shells. Then fold the squares in half, making rectangle shapes. Firmly press the sides closed.
- Return to the oven for another 5 – 7 minutes. Remove from the oven once the cheese is melted but not crispy. Use a spoon to press the edges into a smaller circular shape. Turn your oven to broil. Then return the rangoons to the oven to brown for 2-4 minutes until the top and edges are golden brown.
- This recipe makes 12 Cheesy Keto Crab Rangoons.