- 1 pound sausage, cooked and drained (plain and spicy work well for this recipe)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (if you are gluten free the HV Ranch salad dressing mix is gluten free, the dip mix is not labeled gf)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left.
- **It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step**
- Stir in the Ranch seasoning mix, almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, shredded cheddar and egg.
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the sausage balls on the tray.
- I had 30 balls total
- Bake 15-18 minutes.