Since my post last week that includes three days of zero purpose foods menu set up, I received such a large amount of requests for my direction for this Weight Watchers race zero purpose direction for Creamy Dreamy hommos.
Since change of integrity Weight Watchers, I eat this virtually on a daily basis in one kind or another. I create a batch on Sunday so have to be compelled to remake it once more typically on Wed. I can’t tell you ways several cans of chickpeas I even have tried and true. however since chickpeas square measure zero points, we are able to have them the maximum amount as we would like.
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas, Drained & Rinsed in Ice Water
- ⅛ to ¼ Cup of Greek Fat Free Plain Yogurt
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Cracked White Ground Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon of Sweet Paprika (Optional)
- ⅛ Teaspoon of Cumin (Optional)
- Ice Cubes
- Before beginning, drain and rinse the chickpeas in ice water using a colander. Shake well and lay them out on paper towels. Take a few paper towels and dab the tops of the beans too. Let them dry out for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, it will be easy to “peel” the skins off the beans. It is not mandatory to peel them, but I do and I think it produces a very creamy silky taste to the hummus as opposed to not doing peeling them. Also, I think peeling the beans results in a lighter hummus too (if that matters to you).
- In a food processor, combine ½ of the garbanzo beans and start pureeing. While pureeing, add a ice cube and continue pureeing. Add remaining beans and another ice cube and puree.
- Add in the yogurt, garlic cloves, lemon juice and pink sea salt.
- Taste and adjust ingredients using more of what you like. Add ground white pepper and cumin and mix again (if adding).
- Garnish with a sprinkling of sweet paprika if using.
- If you are going to eat the next day, then refrigerate. If you are going to eat soon after making, leave at room temperature.
- This entire recipe is 0 Freestyle Points and it makes about 2 cups. Enjoy!