Baked caprese chicken thighs toasted right during a sweet, garlic balsamy glaze with juicy cherry tomatoes, contemporary basil and lidded with melted cheese cheese!
Caprese Chicken remodeled with juicy baked chicken thighs! several Caprese Chicken recipes I actually have found over the previous couple of i like the wonderful flavour of baked chicken thighs during a sweet balsamy gaze… it’s to be the simplest of all baked chicken recipes. PLUS, adding cheese and basil into that mix? Well.months entail searing chicken with salt and pepper and adding vinegar right at the tip. But, why? This instruction is completely different.
- 6 skinless , bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano*
- 1 teaspoon dried basil*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or a light spray of cooking oil spray)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes , divided
- 8 0z (250 g) fresh mozzarella cheese (or Bocconcini), cut into 6x 1/2-inch slices**
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves , chiffonade
Balsamic Glaze:(Optional To Serve)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar , packed
- Preheat oven to 210°C | 410°F.
- Season each chicken thigh with the oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil (or cooking spray) in a large oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to a plate; drain most of the excess oil, leaving about a teaspoon worth.
- Return the skillet back to the stove; fry garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the vinegar and brown sugar; stirring to combine while heating through. Bring to a simmer, while stirring occasionally, until glaze has thickened (about 5-6 minutes).
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning in the glaze to evenly coat. Add 1 cup of the tomatoes, whole, around the chicken and place the chicken into the oven. Bake until the chicken is completely cooked through (about 30 minutes). Top each chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese; return back into the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes in half; place them on top of the cheese; pour over some of the balsamic sauce from the pan and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.
- If wanting to serve with extra balsamic glaze (as pictured above), make your glaze while the chicken is in the oven. Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, allowing to simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze is thickened and reduced by half (about 5-6 minutes). Drizzle over the chicken when ready to serve.