I am very pleased with the work I did this year on the web log. The thumping 111 recipes were overdone, photographed, and published! Keeping in mind that a number of the dishes required to be created a pair of or maybe three times before posting them, that’s an enormous range on behalf of me. Even in my wildest dreams, i’d ne’er have imaginary that i’m capable of doing it having the most job and dealing on the web log solely within the evenings and weekends (huge due to my pretty married woman for serving to out with the photos!). Well, i assume everything is feasible if you would like it badly enough. although typically it had been onerous, I enjoyed each single moment. i actually did. After all, having a travel / food web log was an excellent dream of mine and it came true!
- 3 lb (1350g) potatoes , unpeeled, well scrubbed
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk , lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour , plus more if needed
- fresh plums
- 1 stick (115g) butter
- 1 cup very fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes, covered, for about 30 minutes, or until soft when pierced with a skewer. When cool enough to handle, peel and mash them in a bowl.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and 1 tablespoon salt. Mix well. Start adding the flour, gradually, until you get a soft dough. The amount of flour needed depends on the potatoes you use. I needed 3 1/2 cups.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and firm. It shouldn’t be sticky. Divide into two parts.
- Working with one dough piece at a time, roll it out to 1/3 thick and cut into even squares. The size of the squares depends on the size of your plums. Mine were 3 1/2 inch (9cm).
- Place a plum into the center of each square. Fold the dough in around the plum and seal the edges. Form a ball. Repeat with all the remaining dough.
- Drop the dough balls into boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes. They will rise to the top when done.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and stir in the breadcrumbs. Mix well. Roll the dumplings in the mixture to coat. Sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar if desired and serve. Enjoy!