The most standard instruction request I’ve had this year has been for a keto oatmeal substitute.
The internet is full of n’oatmeal recipes (oatmeal minus the oats) however each single one I’ve seen has been created mistreatment egg/egg whites. whereas this can be appropriate for a ketogenic diet, I wasn’t a devotee of the texture- it absolutely was just too eggy!I conjointly needed my oatless oatmeal to be vegan-friendly, thus eggs were out of the question.
Ironically, my initial cookery book includes a baseline paleo oatmeal instruction, that I fully forgot about! I re-made it however created a couple of tiny tweaks to offer it some additional texture and sweetness.
To make my keto low carb oatmeal, you merely would like four ingredients- Ground flax, chia seeds, sugarless cut coconut and a keto-friendly coarse sweetener of choice!
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup hot liquid of choice I used hot water
- 1/2 cup cold liquid of choice I used unsweetened coconut milk
- In a small mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add half a cup of hot water/liquid of choice and mix well- the mixture should be super thick. Add your cold liquid of choice and mix until a thick, creamy ‘oatmeal’ remains.
- Add toppings/mix-ins of choice and enjoy.