Super fudgy, moist, eggless chocolate brownies created healthier by victimization pumpkin puree. This simple one bowl formula makes the foremost delicious brownies!You should purchase canned pumpkin puree at the foodstuff. make sure to use pure pumpkin puree and not pie filling.
The pumpkin adds plenty of wetness and structure to those brownies, replacement a number of the oil and eggs that will commonly come in a brownie formula. As a result, the brownies square measure healthier than your classic brownie formula too.
The flavor of pumpkin puree is incredibly gentle therefore you’ll possible not style it during this formula. i used to be not attempting to create pumpkin flavoured brownies– the goal was to create chocolate brownies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup roughly chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt. Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Add in oil, vanilla. Stir until all the batter is just moistened. It should resemble sand.
- Stir in pumpkin. Mix with a large spatula until the batter becomes smooth. The batter will be quite thick.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped chocolate. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Use spatula to spread batter evenly across pan and smooth surface.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate across surface of the batter. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Toothpick insert should have a few crumbs clinging and the batter should no longer be liquid inside. Allow brownies to cool for one hour so that they can set before cutting and serving. If you try to cut them right away, the crumb will still be loose and it will be hard to cut the brownies without them falling apart.