Berry shakes and smoothies area unit delicious on hot summer days. My mommy accustomed create strawberry shake on behalf of me after I was a child. She solely used 2 ingredients, strawberries from our garden and milk from an area farmer. to create this shake keto-friendly, I used coconut milk and side some MCT oil which can increase the fat-burning potential of a keto diet. Hope you wish it the maximum amount as I do.
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I like Aroy-D coconut milk) or heavy whipping cream (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 3/4 cup almond milk or water (180 ml / 6 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen (72 g / 2.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or extra virgin coconut oil (MCT oil is better as it doesn’t solidify)
- 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract (you can make your own)
- 3-5 drops Stevia extract (clear or berry)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds for a thicker consistency + 0.4 g net carbs per serving
- whipped cream or coconut milk on top
- When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Place the coconut milk, almond milk, strawberries, …
- MCT oil and stevia (optional) into a blender .
- Pulse until smooth and serve immediately!Strawberry Keto Milkshake
Optional: Add a tablespoon of chia seeds for a thicker smoothie consistency and pulse until smooth.