It’s that point of the year once all the berries and melons disappear from the food market, and what’s left is apples, apples and a lot of apples. Oh, and a number of oranges and bananas too. This winter salad takes the simplest of the season and turns it into a light-weight and refreshing entremots that’s packed with color and flavor.For this direction, you’re progressing to would like mandarin oranges, pineapple, kiwi and pomegranates. These square measure all fruits that square measure pronto obtainable throughout the winter and they’re a pleasant modification from the quality apples and bananas. The fruit is tossed in an exceedingly light-weight dressing made of citrus juice, honey and flower seeds.
- 3 cups of cubed pineapple
- 1 cup of peeled, quartered and sliced kiwis
- 2 cups of mandarin orange or clementine segments
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Optional garnish: fresh mint leaves
- Place the pineapple, kiwi, mandarin oranges and pomegranate arils in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, honey and poppy seeds.
- Pour the poppy seed dressing over the fruit and toss gently to coat.
- Garnish with mint leaves if desired.