Everyone in our family loves this soup. as a result of we have a tendency to ar a family of 5 and a few love it spicy and a few don’t, i’m able to customise it in order that everybody can eat.
I begin by creating it delicate, that is however the formula is written below. people who love it hot will add a lot of condiment or a inexperienced condiment. it’s terribly troublesome to get rid of spicy heat, thus begin with delicate.
I used a chunky inexperienced condiment during this formula, however I do have one kid UN agency won’t eat onions – and positively wouldn’t eat something inexperienced and chunky. If he were consumption this i might prefer a inexperienced condiment with no chunks! As long as there are not any chunks he would eat.
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs, green enchilada sauce, and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. In a small bowl mix 1 or 2 ladles of soup with half and half, stir then add to slow cooker. Add chicken, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa. Turn crock pot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream.