If you’re following an occasional carb or ketogenic life style, then you almost certainly miss the tender texture of chips. You know, like Doritos, Cheetos and Fritos! Or something tender for that matter. Well, fret to additional.
It’s straightforward. Baking cheese makes it tender, and it takes but ten minutes from begin to end before you’re scarfing them down. high it with sausage or sausage for accessorial flavor.
- 12 pieces thin sliced pepperoni or salami
- shredded parmesan cheese (about 2/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pepperoni slices in half and place them on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave the pepperoni halves for about 30 seconds, and then use a few paper towels to blot off the excess grease.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, and lay down small piles of parmesan cheese on top. Flatten each pile to make a consistent thickness (I made 20 piles but probably could have fit 24 or more– they don’t spread while baking).
- Top each flattened pile with one of your pepperoni pieces.
- Place in the oven for 4-7 minutes, but watch carefully! Every oven varies, so around the 3 minute mark, keep an eye on the oven so that you can pull them out when they are perfectly crispy but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!