It is that point of year again! heat weather, college is coming back to associate finish, family get-together’s and after all BBQ’s. broil is my favorite method of change of state. throughout the season i actually don’t assume I flip the stove on, aside from breakfast or rainy days. after I switched to an occasional carb life-style i used to be nervous that i might got to quit BBQ sauce. The carb count is thus HIGH!
After examining the labels of each single BBQ sauce within the native stores and evaluation low carb choices online; i made a decision to not settle or go skint and build my very own.
- 1/4 cup Sukrin Gold brown sugar substitute OR sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 1 can tomato paste- 6 oz
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- In a sauce pan over medium, add sweetener, vinegars and water. Mix until sweetener is dissolved.
- Add tomato paste and remaining ingredients. Stir until fully combined. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Let simmer about 15 minutes to incorporate all ingredients and build flavor.
- If you like a thinner sauce, add a touch more water until desired thickness is reached.
- If you like a more sour sauce, add a little more vinegar.
- Go easy with the liquid smoke, a little goes a long way!
- This recipe is very easily adaptable to different sweeteners. Using a white sweetener will result in a sauce that is more red in color.
- The butter makes a nice glossy finish and helps the sauce adhere to whatever you brush it on.
- Store in pint sized mason jar refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.