Rutabaga fries ar the solution for your best keto fries dreams! Finding low carb tater are often robust. Potatoes ar actually out of the question. And whereas I fully love zucchini fries, i used to be missing the essential flavor and texture of ancient fries. Enter these keto tater that feature rutabaga because the main ingredient! My instruction for low carb fries is straightforward (just five minutes prep!) and easy (just two ingredients, and s&p!) and it’s here to require on those fry cravings you’ve been having since going keto.
If you aren’t accustomed to rutabagas, they need a rough peel that positively has to be removed before baking. Don’t worry, cutting rutabaga into fries is super simple, and really almost like cutting potatoes.
- Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
- 2 medium Rutabagas (~24 oz each)
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degreees C).
- Peel the rutabagas. Slice them into circles, 1/4-inch thick. Stack the circles and slice them into sticks, 1/4-inch wide.
- In a large bowl, toss the rutabaga sticks with avocado oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Place an oven safe rack onto a large baking sheet. Arrange the fries in a single layer on the rack.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until fries are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.