This Italian Chicken and pasta food instruction is one in all those meals you crave long once your last bite. even if it’s a simple one pot meal, it ranks right up there with my preserved Tomato food, Italian dish cooking pan, and alimentary paste Al Forno that need a couple of a lot of steps.I have continuously adored the feel of pasta food – to American state it tastes like creamy dish once smothered in sauce like in my Parmesan Meatballs and pasta and tastes a lot of sort of a rice once not smothered in sauce like in my Southwest pasta dish. For this one pot Italian pasta food instruction, we wish the dish result however while not all the time or effort of ancient dish creating it ideal for busy nights.
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite size (approx.1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pesto, divided
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup zucchini, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon, optional*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt *
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish (optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large NONSTICK pan over medium high heat until very hot. Toss chicken with 1 tablespoon pesto and add to pan along with onions, carrots and zucchini. Sauté for three minutes then add red bell pepper, orzo and garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, 2 tablespoons pesto, chicken broth, chicken bouillon and seasonings. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until vegetables and orzo are tender, stirring every 5 minutes so the orzo doesn’t burn, covering pot after each stir.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with fresh
- Parmesan and parsley (optional).